Manitowoc, WI 54220
The purpose of this position is to support the development, improvement and manufacturability of Redline Plastics products in order to consistently meet quality standards. Provides a successful interface with all Redline customers and possibly vendors. Wage is depending on qualifications.
- Efficiently and effectively build and test prototypes
- In a timely manner, generate, review, modify and/or update drawings using SolidWorks
- Work side by side with Project Engineers in quoting new business opportunities
- Develop accurate bill of materials
- Accurately input parameters into costing estimator
- Gather necessary data to make sure all requirements are met
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Sales/Marketing in order to determine
- Feasibility, manufacturability and cost of design
- Offer viable solutions to any challenges presented
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
- Strong SolidWorks skills
- Understanding of BOM structures
- Ability to perform critical thinking and complex problem solving
- Able to work independently, be a self-starter and meet deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Able to work through difficult and complex situations in a methodical manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate concisely both through written and verbal interactions
- Basic understanding of ISO 9001 preferred
- Shows moral courage, integrity, openness and honesty in all dealings
Education: 2-year Associates degree preferred
Experience and/or Training 1 to 3 years of prior experience preferred in SolidWorks, product design, project management and estimating
Licenses/Certificates: No requirements
Technology/Equipment Demonstrated knowledge in the use of current technology, Microsoft office products, SolidWorks, project management software and other manufacturing software.
Communication The ability to read, speak, and comprehend English is required
Physical and Mental Demands
- This position spends most of the time sitting and sometime walking through the plant environment.
- It is necessary for this position to occasionally climb stairs throughout the day.
- 20 lbs. occasional lifting
- Manual dexterity is required to perform normal day to day functions
- Must demonstrate patience in order to successfully work through frustrating challenges
- Always presents self in a calm professional manner
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
The main working environment for this position is the standard climate-controlled office environment.
Occasionally, this position will be exposed to the plant environment. The plant environment is partially climate controlled and may include on occasion, exposure to heat, cold, noise and odors. Personal protective equipment is required in appropriate areas.
This position may also occasionally be exposed to outdoor conditions for short spans of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual would encounter while performing the essential functions of this position.